Thursday, September 24, 2009

Exegesis ideas

I am thinking about doing my intervention on Emily Post's "The Debutante" and comparing it to the modern day highschool formal... I think the differences between the old fashioned deb and the underaged piss up which schools get away with calling "formal" is quite ridiculous!

I would also like to do an intervention on "The clothes of a gentleman"... My oh my! How the times have changed... I compare the clothes she describes men as wearing in the olden days to the clothes i see my boyfriend wearing and laugh. Poor Emily! If she saw my boyfriend today, she would be utterly aghast! Or worse, if she walked down rundle mall and was exposed to the popular "Emo" culture and style, i think she would have a heart attack!! I have a vague idea for this, that I could dress my boyfriend up in the clothes that Emily suggests are appropriate and then place him in thise settings with other "normal" modern day poeple wearing "normal clothes" and see how this effect him... I can use him as a lab rat to see how other people react to his dress too! And take photopraphs in black and white with an atique wash. I think it would look quite peculiar!

No comments:

Post a Comment